Subject: Re: [Leica] New Photos Online- inspired by Jim Laurel
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 02 16:14:52 -0800

>Peter,
>Thanks for sharing your photos.  I like the two black and white shots best,
>especially "Kathmandu/N2/88/PashuBagmati".  I would have also liked to see
>another version of this, taken from a lower perspective, with the boys and
>dogs right in the foreground, with the men and fire in the background and
>the river stretching off behind that.
>
>I love looking at pics of faraway places!
>
>--Jim

Jim, thanks alot. I'm surprised you went for the b+w, being a color guy
yourself.
The shots were all basically taken while Tricia stared at a guidebook
plotting
our next move - not too much moving around to get the best angle. In
"downtown"
Kathmandu it was crowded enough to almost always be inside a scene but at
Pashupatinath it was a different story. That fire is a cremation and I
just
didn't feel (at that moment in my life) like getting inside other
people's
funerals, hence the removed view that day.
Thanks again.
- ---Peter