Subject: Re: [Leica] 28 Elmarit & M4-P
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:55:58 -0800

At 3:47 PM -0700 10/27/02, John Collier wrote:
>The first type will bring up the 50/75 framelines. Somewhere in the
>production of the second type the change was made to bring up the
>28/90 framelines. All the rest should be fine.
>
>John Collier
>

>On Sunday, October 27, 2002, at 02:44 PM, Lew Schwartz wrote:
>
>>You say "the very first." Does that mean that the types 2, 3 and 4 will
>>be ok?
>
>--

That would be correct.

The change to bringing up the '90' (along with the new 28) frame
lines came about when the M4-P was introduced. Until then, it made no
difference as the only 'accurate' framing was with the external
finder. This was part way through the run of the 2nd version.
Therefore, the whole first version of 28mm Elmarit brought up the
50/75 frames - and also couldn't meter on the M5/CL/M6 etc. The
second version of the 28/2.8 was brought out to coincide with the M5,
as it allowed metering, but still didn't need to bring up different
frame lines.

If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will correct me. That, at
the least, is what the LUG is good for :-).

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com