Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs M6 TTL
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:09:12 -0700

At 1:06 PM -0400 10/23/02, frankandaubrey@mindspring.com wrote:
>Gentlemen,
>
>My point regarding the TTL's off position vs. the classic's bulb position is
>the same as Simon's post.  Apparantly I too was not very clear.
>
>Frank
>
>On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:50:33 +0100 Simon Lamb <simon@sclamb.com> wrote:
>
>>  Austin
>>
>>  The point I was trying to make (not very well)
>>  was that the off position is
>>  not another bulb position in that the meter
>>  does not function and the
>>  shutter does not open, both of which would
>>  happen in the bulb position.
>>
>>  I have never had battery drain with my M6 TTL
>>  and I always switch it to off
>>  when I have finished using it and it goes back
>>  in the bag.
>>
>>  Simon
>>
>>  On 23/10/02 12:28 am, "Austin Franklin"  wrote:
>>
>>  > Simon,
>>  >
>>  > If you put the M6 "Classic" on B, the meter
>>  does not function, and the LEDs
>>  > do not light up...so how is that any
>>  different?
>>  >
>  > > Austin

Now let's straighten this out :-).

On the regular, old, classic M6 the B position is also the meter off position.

On the TTL, in the B position the camera is still powered, to allow flash.

On the TTL, in the OFF position the shutter functions just like the B
position, but there is no power to the flash circuits. The shutter
_DOES_ open. The 'OFF' position functions just like the 'B' position
on the classic M6, except that flash does not work.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com