Subject: Re: [Leica] Blasphemy? Leica "O" lens on a Leica Ia?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:49:10 +1100

>Has anyone transplanted the 50mm lens from a Leica "O" to one of the
>more usable thread-mount Leica's?
>
>The reason I'm asking is that I see the prices falling, and wondered
>if there was a chance to use the new optic on an old classic
>that has a proper shutter dial and capping shutter.
>
>Is the Leica "O" lens a modernized formulation and multi-coated?

It would be quite a transplant, requiring a re-working of the lens,
and the addition of a new case to mount it. The lens is fixed to the
camera ;-)

The lens works beautifully, it is an old design, in keeping with the
age of the camera's design, but it is multicoated. It is a fun camera
to use, but not for daily grind ;-)

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin