Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: web sizing images
From: "Tom Smart" <tom@sleepytom.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:59:13 -0600

DPI/DPI really only matters when printing.  When displaying on a screen what
matters is total width (in pixels) and total height (in pixels), regardless
of how many PPI you call the image.  The image will print bigger or smaller
depending on the ppi/dpi, but will display the total number or pixels.  The
size on the monitor will be dependent on the configuration of your monitor.
For instance, a 480 x 640 image will take up the whole monitor if your
monitor is set to 480 x 640, but only half of the monitor if it is set to
1280 x 960.  72dpi is just a convention, the way I understand it.

Tom Smart

Message from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (Re: web sizing images (was RE: [Leica] Kodak Royal Gold 100))
Message from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> ([Leica] Re: web sizing images)