Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas stolen - LUG strikes back!
From: Dave <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:14:59 -0400

"Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> writes:

> It turns out that the young girl who stole the equipment was actually an
> employee of the KFC.  She immediately admitted to the crime, but said she
> had done it to provide a better environment for her children.  I don't
> understand how one provides a better environment for children by becoming a
> felon, but that was her argument.  She was remanded to some sort of
> counseling program for treatment.  I just picked up the equipment this
> morning.  It is all in good working order with no apparent signs of
> mistreatment.

I say you go find this woman and do a photo-documentary on her and how
she is using what she thinks is an old camera to provide a better
environment for her children. In all seriousness, she'd probably make
a great subject and working so close to someone she stole from might
be better "treatment" anyway... or she might realize just how much she
had when she took the camera.

Cheers,

Dave

Message from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] bd's lug-o-rama)