Subject: RE: [Leica] Yoicha Okamoto
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:12:03 -0400

B. D. Colen wrote:

"As to later WH photographers - site lines may be an issue, but I think there
are two more important issues...
Real WH photography began with JFK - then LBJ had a photographer with great
access, and so on..."

I have been under the impression (perhaps mistaken) that Gerald Ford was the first
Prez to have a full-time photog documenting his every move: David Hume Kennerly (who
was a Leica M4/M5 user).

Even if Ford wasn't exactly the real deal,  in my book Kennerly was/is a thoroughly
skillful shooter.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (RE: [Leica] Yoicha Okamoto)