Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm lenses -- Summicron or Elmarit?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:49:33 -0700

Dante Stella wrote:

> Don, I'll buy as many current NOS 90/2.8s as you can find for $500.  $700
> is more like the going price -- for used ones.
>
><Snip>

There's an Elmar that was made before the Tele-Elmarit which was
supposed to be as sharp as you'd ever need. The modern Elmarit is based
on the Elmar's design. And you can unscrew the Elmar and put it on a
bellows or a Viso.
I'd go for the Elmar for around 500 bucks i think. I think I might.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com