Subject: Re: [Leica] Brampton Ash #2
From: "Graham Battison" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:18:33 +0100

From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 20 October 2002 14:19

> Graham, I look forward to the beautiful, calming landscapes that you post.
> Whether intentional or not, I find great humor in the use of a Noctilux
for
> landscape work.
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/gal4_27.html
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Hi Don,
I bought the Noctilux as part of my ongoing retail therapy program and in an
effort to get some value for money I started using it as the standard lens
on my M2. This in turn made my 50mm Summicron redundant but it makes more
sense, relatively speaking, to under use the Summicron which I bought in
1976 than it does to under use a lens that I bought recently for a sum of
money equal to the GNP of a small developing nation.
In taking the decision to buy a Noctilux I was heavily influenced by the
crowd in the virtual pub on IRC Leica. They pointed out, and this is rooted
in logic, that I could get always get my money back on a Noctilux.
I recommend anyone who is wrestling with an irrational urge to buy something
that they don't need to drop into IRC Lieca and they will talk you into it
in no time, thereby absolving you of all guilt :-)
- --Graham

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Brampton Ash #2)