Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: RIP - Manuel Alvarez Bravo
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:24:00 -0700

Hi Mark;
Believe me, I agonized on how to word my comment without trying to be
contrary. Particularly in trying not to show disrespect, to both you and
a departed fellow photographer.
But, I have nothing but loathing for the art world, and its
institutional and academic props. When one of us, i.e. photographers,
become co-opted, whether willingly or unwillingly, by that horde it just
makes grit my teeth. Never mind the poseurs from the art world that
claim to be photographers. I'm not saying that he fits inside any of
those categories, but he certainly didn't resist the associations.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] FW: RIP - Manuel Alvarez Bravo)
Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] FW: RIP - Manuel Alvarez Bravo)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] FW: RIP - Manuel Alvarez Bravo)