Subject: Re: [Leica] Off-topic: using Nikon slidescanner under MacOS X
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:15:10 -0700

On 10/19/02 Ernest Nitka  wrote:

>i use my powerbook to scan and airport the images to my iMac.  The
>power book is not good for manipulation in PhotoShop but iMac so it
>works out ok.  I just tried out the newest Nikon Scan program with my
>Cool Scan 4000 and it definitely DOES NOT WORK with Jaguar.  My
>powerbook is running 10.1.5 whereas the iMac is 10.2

I wrote several bug reports during the beta proces but they went unanswered by
Nikon. They have been promising a revision "any day now" for over a month.

Very unimpressive. I've taken to using vuescan which I can tolerate although the
user-interface is not very good (being written for portability) and there are
some very quirky design decisions.

None-the-less it does work and I've been productive with it. I wish there were
scan selections for Tri-X or that he would tell us how to make them.

Adam