Subject: [Leica] Introduction and New Leica M7a
From: Wariowilly@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 23:07:54 EDT

My name is Ellis Krane. I've been lurking on this site for several months
now, finding it difficult to speak up.

I've been a serious amateur photographer for over 25 years, using both medium
format and Leica gear.

I've been considering acquiring the M7 (I now have an M6 and four lenses),
but some of the problems mentioned on this site and the one mentioned in Bob
Shell's recent Sutterbug article give me serious pause about popping for the
M7.

I was told by someone who attended Photokina that he heard from "an extremely
reliable source" that early next year there will be a new Model 7a which
corrects virtually all of the complaints that had been voiced on this site
and also adds some "new twists," including perhaps a hinged back, a built-in
ultra quiet motor drive, a full assortment of manual shutter speeds, and a
"digital component."

I'd like to know if any of you have heard of this? I fear the M7 might have
been rushed to market in order to combat what was perceived as a threat from
the Hexar,

Thanks.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Introduction and New Leica M7a)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Introduction and New Leica M7a)