Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@icommag.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:00:03 -0400

> Greetings,
>
> I appreciate everyone's response to my inquiry re:  Collectcamera.com.  Now I
> have another question.  I know CLA's may be required for the purchase of a M3
> or other older M's.  But what I don't know is what exactly that means.  Is it
> a Leica specific service or a generic term?  I've seen DAG mentioned in
> relation to a CLA - who are they?  Thanks all - Frank Farmer
> --

Frank,

CLA means clean, lube & adjust which is something that most older cameras
will benefit from. The two best Leica service people in the USA are DAG (Dan
Golden), Wisconsin, and Sherry Krauter, New York, (I have used Sherry for
several years). When getting a new (used) leica I would shoot several rolls
and see how the camera is before sending it for a CLA.

sl