Subject: Re: [Leica] Anna's Hummingbird shot
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:40:29 -0700

on 10/14/02 5:35 PM, Edward Caliguri at caliguri@rcn.com wrote:

> That 400 Telyt -- THIS is where it shines. You can't stalk wildlife
> with a 400 2.8 and R8/motor on a grip!

Aha!  You "get" it!  There's plenty of room for both approaches but I've
specialized on the light & nimble approach.

> The tube (this is the one that fits in the
> middle, right?) must be tough to find - From what I know of it (very
> little!) you can still infinity focus with it in there - True?

No :-( the tube limits the focus range to 11ft to 6ft, just like an ordinary
extension would.  I see them occasionally on the unmentionable auction site
but the bidding is usually insane.  Better off going to a dealer.

> All one needs to do is play with these Telyts, and WHAM! you're hooked!

:-)  It took exactly one roll of film for me to get hooked, over 20 years
ago.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com