Subject: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued? NOW: Forever! :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 09:04:10 -0700

Tina Manley stated:

> Mine does!  Try this with the Noctilux on the M7.  At 1.0 I got a reading
> of 1/15 second.  At 1.2 I got a reading of 1/12 second.  There are times
> when that could make a difference in being able to hand-hold the camera.
>
> I'll never give up my 1.0!!<<<

Like wise here Tina... not a hope in the world as it's been a life saver
lens on more than one occasion.

It isn't numbers shnumbers, it's facts of use that count with this lens. And
it becomes more useful as speeds of film and quality improve, it means we
can shoot in lower and lower light levels with quality of image.  Where
those without it wouldn't have a hope unless they used twinkie lights. And
of course the twinkie flash would completely ruin the light one is motivated
by.

ted

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?)