Subject: [Leica] Re "Digital Back For My Leica".....Dreaming?
From: John Bohner <johnbohner@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:05:34 -0700

Goodness knows I hate to fuel useless speculation...but now that Photkina
has past....

Several months before Photokina my Leica dealer relayed to me a suggestion
he claimed had been given to him by the Leica rep.  It was that we should
get all our non-ROMed lenses ROMed because "it will be usefull and you
won't want to wait in line later".  I took this to mean a digital R was
coming but I kept my mouth shut rather than be proven a fool.  Alas,
photokina came and went with naught but an R8.01 (which is actually fine
'cause I love my R8 and don't have spousal permission for another toy).   I
don't think the new flash improvements require ROMed lenses nor would I
line up if it did.  So I am left with a company that "thinks in decades"
telling me I need to ROM my lenses. MY guess is they are thinking the
inevitable, a digital R or R lens accepting Body.  Unfortunately, it may be
another 19 years!

John Bohner