Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - Traveling to Canada from US...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:26:59 -0400

> On numerous trips back and forth I have always found the law
> enforcement people
> on both sides of the border efficient and polite.

My one incident with Canadian border crossing was coming from Montreal into
the US via car.  Well, Montreal is known for having wonderful pastry...and
we bought a nice cake...and it was a very nice cake mind you.  They saw the
box in the back of the car, and asked what that was...we told them a cake
and they demanded to see it.  They asked what kind it was, one of them
commenting on how good it looked etc. then they said we had to turn it over,
we could not enter the US with that cake.  There was NO way I was turning
that cake over to them.  I simply didn't understand what the difference was
whether it was in my stomach or in a box. So, I stood there and ate the
whole damn cake right in front of them.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Bill Grimwood" <bill@grimwood.net> (Re: [Leica] OT - Traveling to Canada from US...)
Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] OT - Traveling to Canada from US...)