Subject: Re: [Leica] Federal Express request
From: "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:35:12 -0500

You are dead on about the statute that limits the legitimate requests for
our Social Security numbers for SS benefits and income tax purposes.

Could it be that our wondrous Federal Government that cannot design a
commode that works nor protect us from backward terrorists but is 100%
efficient in squeezing us for every cent we have is causing this request
through its Customs department ?

This is not the first time I have had either personal experience with the
request or been told about it by others.

Does U. S. Customs require the SS number or make it more difficult to import
the product into the US if the SS number is not provided?

I seriously doubt that Inscriber, a manufacturer of fine video titling
software, gives a flip about our SS numbers but has learned that the trip
through U. S. Customs goes easier if the SS number is provided and the
company is trying to inconvenience us as little as possible.

Inscriber has absolutely nothing to do with Leica cameras.

Don R.