Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Virus stuff....
From: "Pat Perez" <patdperez@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 18:22:33 -0700

There is/was a vulnerability in Outlook (and Outlook Express) that allowed
code to be executed when highlighting the message in the inbox when 'preview
pane' view is in use. The message does not have to be opened in the sense of
double-clicking the item in the inbox (which in Outlook and OE opens the
message as a new window). This vulnerability would not even require
antivirus software to be defeated, if the computer user has kept up to date
with Windows' updating capability.

Pat