Subject: Re: [Leica] Lying to subjects?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:21:52 -0500

Jeffrey Fasshappy.eyeball@verizon.net (Jeffrey Fass)10/4/029:38 AM

>What do others do in spontaneous, candid situations?

Truth. Please. While it may seem harmless enough to say what ever it takes to get the shot. You're setting up a relationship, based on trust, starting it with a lie. Not a good idea. It also reflects on all photographers who follow you into these subjects lives.

I doubt that they would have thought any less of you if you'd said, "I'm a serious documentary photographer, who publishes my work on the internet. My weekly web publication has an active circulation of ??, mostly consisting of other serious photographers."