Subject: [Leica] FS - Polaroid Sprint Scan 4000 scanner
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:35:14 -0400

Details: Polaroid Sprint Scan sold as but it definitely works.  Comes as a
SCSI scanner with both slide and film strip holders.  Has the Polaroid
software though the Polaroid Web site will have more up to date software.  I
also have the Mac Version of SilverFast ver. 5.0.  I also have a SCSI to
Fire wire adapter for those tired of using SCSI.  The scanner was used on a
Mac platform in both SCSI and Firewire mode.  In order to use it in OS X I
found it necessary to use Vuescan to access the scanner via the SCSI to
Firewire adapter.  It will obviously come with the FREE Polaroid Brush.
This is a bargain at best offer over $450.  I will ship to USA only and the
purchase price includes insured FedEx shipping.

Yes this is the same unit that I thought was dead only to go out and buy a
replacement scanner and THEN learn that a free cleaning brush from Polaroid
brought it back to life.  Of course I feel stupid, my wife knows I’m stupid
and for punishment I must sell the Polaroid for a good price. The folks on
the net now can become the beneficiaries of my stupidity!

Ernie Nitka

to see the actual beast:

http://www.ernienitka.com/polaroid.html

Enquiries OFF list at: