Subject: Re: [Leica] Viruses from the LUG?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:09:38 -0600

There are viruses that generate contaminated emails with fake senders.
Someone, or multiples there in, on the Leica-Users is infected and the
virus is generating these emails with fake senders from their in box.
Not much we can do but ask that everyone run their anti-virus software
with the latest patches; and:

  DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS FROM UNSOLICITED EMAILS YOU TWITS!

:-)

It really is quite ingenious as some viruses will attach jpegs from the
infected host's computer. I have received thumbnails of the weirdest
things as the virus tries to tempt me into launching it.

John Collier

Who automatically deletes ANY unsolicited email with attachments; even
from my mother.