Subject: Re: [Leica] re: the biggest hole in europe
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:03:46 +0200

> fantastic shot of the hole and the powerplant. kinda small though (the
> image.) are you sure it's a coal plant?

I was inside and saw e.g. ventilators 10m wide, which put air into fire.. :)

> what's with the cooling towers?

Thats where hot steam powering turbines cools and goes back to Hot Place :)

> methinks they're making weapons grade
> plutonium there

:) Oh.. Thats why children there are born with lamp posts growing from
the backs:
http://watteau.neurosoft.net/lisek1.jpg
:))

> ..... looks suspiciously like the landscape around here

Seriously - we have a lot of coal and coal plants here. That is a major problem,
which also e.g Germany and Czechoslovakia face - air pollution. This plant
uses advanced air filters and this white smoke from those big towers is
merely a steam and not harmful to environment. But indeed seem monstrous -
local people call this plant a 'cloud factory' :)
I have more shots showing it better. I will scan them in next weeks or so.. :)

Here is one of big machines working there - all - round view:
http://watteau.neurosoft.net/mach1.jpg

and closeup (look at people at the left):
http://watteau.neurosoft.net/mach2.jpg

This one is elecrtically powered, moves in a heavenly pace: 3.6 meters per minute.
It needs a custom made road - when crossing a forest - there must be 80 meters wide
pass cut off in it. Whole machine (whose function is putting ground into a layers to
cover Hole with whatever was dug at the other side) is some 150 meters long, 80m
high and weight a lot :) This one was made in Germany (_not_ in Wetzlar I suppose :)
and will be oficially run first time 26 X this year - ten days after my birthday :)
- --
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ¬liMC)
                   http://www.familyofman2.com