Subject: [Leica] the kyle cassidy method of starting fights
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:02:48 -0400

some n00b posted:

>a couple of belligerent drunks at the bar trying to
>start a fight.

are you talking about me? are you TALKING ABOUT ME?! DO YOU WANT ME TO MESS
YOU UP?

do what i do, it's very easy ... when someone posts something along the
lines of: "and you, [insert name] why should i listen to someone who's
mother was obviously a tramp prostitute working for peanut husks and orange
peels behind the german lines...." you either:

a) skip on down to the next post
b) delete the whole digest
c) post something on topic yourself (e.g. here are some photos of me taking
a metal file to my leica)

in other words, don't add fuel to the fire, EVEN by posting "you people need
to stop this" -- you MAY send a private email to the offending party saying
something like "[insert name] your feud with [insert name] is obviously
grounded in something you feel strongly about, but your last post (included)
does the rest of us a disservice by making us watch your feud. i, for one,
would feel more comfortable if this post had not been copied to the whole
group, but rather sent as private email between the two of you."