Subject: Re: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:06:44 -0700

Carl Pultz wrote:

> David wrote:
>
> "Actually I've seen far worse lists and it amuses me how much time is
> spent on this list complaining about how bad it is. In fact, it amuses
> me."
>
> rec.audio.opinion used to be much worse, 90% of it caught up in such
> puerile* nonsense that it became useless. Would be a waste of our host's
> money to let it happen here.
>
> *love that word!

That's a direct comparison between a Newsgroup and an email list!!!!
And it seems the Newsgroups are far worse.
They all go by aliases like Luke@aLukeSkywalker.com and 90 percent of
them would seem to be twenty year old boys.

In email lists especially this one aliases are barely allowed (with the
exception of Johnny Deadman) and we all know each other or feel like we
do. So its closer to a family squabble when things heat up sometimes not
a bunch of anonymous adolescents doing what they do.

Friday my Calico cat puked all over my stack of stereo components. It
was awful quiet around here for several days. So this weekend got a new
Tuner/amp from Fry's a Harmon Kardon cost as much as a Sony so what the
heck! But still no go so the cable guy came over and replaced my box and
everything worked. Even my CD player was not working as it was hooked
through the DMX box! I'm under the allusion that I'm getting much better
sound now I listen to the Cable DMX Classical music all day. NO people.
That's a mixed bag.
I'm having a heck of time keeping that kitty of the top of my
components! Lots of heat radiating up from there.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from David Mason <dcm@pobox.com> (Re: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book)