Subject: Re: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book
From: David Mason <dcm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:09:49 -0400

"Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> writes:

> I totally agree with you Marc, which is pretty much a first. ;-)
> Apart from anything else, this pamphlet seems to be little more than
> a minor rewording of Erwin's on-line material. There is little new.

I guess the thing that bothers me most about this article is not his
affiliation, reputation, or history... but simply the language he
uses. He tries to appear purely technical but then (in the 35mm lens
section) says things like "Leica designers are able, by studying the
'soul' of a design..."

How in the hell does one qualify the soul of a lens design, let alone,
study it? This is marketing writing 101.

Rather ridiculous in my "I only have an English degree" opinion.

Cheers,

Dave

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net> (RE: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book)
Message from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Downloadable Erwin Puts Book)