Subject: [Leica] Contax RF to LTM focussing adapter
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:41:28 -0400

I keep seeing a rangefinder coupled Contax RF lens to LTM body adapter being sold on eBay.  According to the vendor, someone in Hong Kong is making these.  The eBay auctions are for $400, a price that, if memory serves, is similar to that charged by Steve Gandy when he was selling them.  I'm assuming that some profit is
involved in the selling of these adapters, although the possibility that these are being sold as a public service has entered my mind.  On the assumption that the former is more likely than the latter, my questions are these -- does someone know who in Hong Kong is making these, and can these be purchased more cheaply
that the price they are being sold for on eBay?  And can all lenses for the Contax II or IIa be mounted on this adapter?  I understand that some of the adapters made for this purpose don't accommodate the 35 or 21mm Biogons.

Mark