Subject: Re: [Leica] leica travel/security hassles
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:14:12 -0400

I am one of those lucky folks you see with their arms spread in the airport.
Out of the last 6 trips on five I have gotten that special attention given
at security.  Once I even got to be scanned at security and the gate.  What
joy.

As to your question, I just dump my Leica's inside my carry on and let them
scan it.  No problems whatsoever.  On the two occasions where security
decided at random to be very interested in me, I have had to explain that my
camera's don't turn on but by taking the lens off and showing them that it
has nothing inside they lose interest quickly.  I would suggest that you not
open up the rapidwinder: sometimes you just need to be helpfully obtuse and
all will be well.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.ocm

Message from "daniel" <thedmc@cox.net> ([Leica] leica travel/security hassles)