Subject: Re: [Leica] leica travel/security hassles
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:19:05 -0400

At 12:15 PM 9/18/02 -0700, you wrote:
>I Am going to be flying in a couple of weeks and plan on taking my leicas
>with rapidwinders with me.
>But i'm worried that the rapidwinders and the fold out advance lever
>specifically, might raise concerns with security check point personal. has
>anyone had any runins lately with this.-daniel

Daniel -

I just got back from Guatemala.  They inspected everything in Charlotte and
Houston going out and in Guatemala City and Houston coming back.  Security
unwrapped all of my Domke wrapped cameras and looked through every
lens.  All of the film went through the x-ray machines and then through the
sniffers.  They questioned the tiny little screwdrivers I take to fit the
screws in the Noctilux.  Three times they almost took my monopod away until
I told them I needed it to walk ;-)  They never found the rapidwinder
levers.  Just don't travel with the levers out!  They'll never figure out
what they are for.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com