Subject: Re: [Leica] finder flare
From: Stephen Gandy <LeicaNikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:07:18 -0700

John,

having confirmed the M4-2 flare problem and cause with the then head of Leica
repair at Solms,  I am reasonably sure the info is accurate.

did you have your cameras examined by a tech familiar with the M4-2 finder
variations to identify which type it was?    how do you know the camera with
an earlier top plate number has the M4-2 earlier type finder,  or the later
camera has the later M4-2 finder ?   If a finder or top plate is interchanged
by a good tech, it looks original.

Stephen