Subject: Re: [Leica] finder flare
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:14:53 -0600

Actually I first read about the missing element on Stephen Gandy's site
(http://www.cameraquest.com/classics.htm). Since then I have had two
M4-2 cameras, one early and one late. Both cameras were CLAed by one of
the best and I ask about the provenance of the finders to make sure they
were original (they were). The early camera (one of the first 900 made)
flared the same as my M6TTL while the later one, with the fabled missing
element was just as good as my M2.

I do not know what is causing the flare problem BUT it is not the
missing element.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <LeicaNikon@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] finder flare)