Subject: [Leica] IIIa shutter speed dial
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:05:23 -0700

Roland Smith wrote:

Oliver:
You got me curious.  I just tested some of my LTMs, a IIIa, a IIIc and two
IIIf and found they had a locking notch to show that the shutter was at
1/1000 in which the dial dropped just barely into place and certainly not as
deep as at 1/500.
I just tested a IIIg and found it also to behave the same.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California

Thank you and everyone else who responded to my query. Replies have ranged
from "it's not supposed to drop into place like the lower speeds" to "read
the manual" and "have it repaired". I'm delighted that people went to the
trouble of checking this out and offering their advice and experience.
Oliver Bryk, Sonoma County, California