Subject: [Leica] Annual Leica Club Meeting in Portland 2nd - 4th
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:59:04 -0700

The Leica Historical Society of America (LHSA) is having their Annual
Meeting here in Portland in two weeks,  October 2nd - October 6th, 2002.

It'll be at the Doubletree Hotel where i used to have lots of fun at in
the 80's running up and down the halls at fashion shows with my Nikon
and Vivitar in one hand and a highball in the other. Such memories.
Blindfolded I could find any bathroom or bar in the whole hotel. But
that was then.
Now they've remodeled the place and changed the name and I stay home and
watch television. I'd drink but i keep forgetting to buy booze. Maybe i
should write it on my hand with a ballpoint. I need a better laundry
list. And if i bring it home i cant remember where i put it. My liquor
shelf is now my dried beans and flour shelf.

But these guys are more fun then me:
Here's what's happening the first three days, Wednesday the 2nd to
Friday the 5th.

Wednesday, October 2
REGISTRATION	6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Not much reason to show up on Wednesday. But I always showed up a week
in advance in the past five years, the annual meetings I've attended.
I'd rent a car check out the area. Secure the parameter.

Thursday, October 3
REGISTRATION	7:30 – 10:00 a.m.
5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Tour: Columbia River Gorge & Lunch at Timberline Lodge	8:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Digital photography expert Mark Davison, presents	7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
“Leica images in the digital darkroom."  (Mark is intermittently on the LUG)
Photojournalist Robbie McClaran presents his work.	9:00 - 10:00 p.m.

Friday, October 4
REGISTRATION	7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Tour: Evergreen Aviation Museum, Wine Country, Japanese Gardens	9:00
- -5:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION	2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
LHSA Board Meeting	2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Member Reception	5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Dinner (on your own)	6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Photographer, Photo historian, Writer Gerald Robinson presents his
work:	8:00 – 9:00 p.m.
“Five decades.”
LHSA Meeting Coordinator Bill Grimwood presents our members slides:	9:00
– 10:00 p.m.
“The Leica Image Slide Presentation.”
Sent in by our members from all over the world!

I'll give some info on these people in the next day or so without taking
too much space on the Lug. It's a whole lot of stuff, people all Leica
orientated. Off topic content is one tenth of one percent!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com