Subject: [Leica] New Leica adept
From: "Alex Livshits" <alliv@inter.net.il>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:32:30 +0200

Hello fellow Leica users,
I am new to photography and also new Leica user.
In my youth - some 25 years ago - I enjoyed taking photos and
printing them in my own small darkroom-bathroom.
And till a year ago, I had no interest in photography, living life of a
computer programmer.
A year ago, the course of events lead me back to this forgotten craft.
In short, 5 months ago, deciding that I deserve the best tools,
I purchased new Leica M6 TTL + 2 lenses(used): Summicron 50mm and 35mm.
Wonderfull they are! I am very happy with Leica - it has soul.
I also own Pentax(MZ-30) and Nikon (FM3A) and digital (coolpix 995),-
and they are fine instruments - capturing all what is infront of their
lenses, plain, as is - as I see it.
But Leica sees more, differently, - there is something added, hard to
explain what it is,
- - it helps me to discover the world with it - I am sure you know what I
mean.

More about me: professional programmer, 45 years old, widowed, living in
Israel.
I scan film with Coolscan IV ED, adjust in Photoshop, print on Epson Photo
810/or C80.
Please have a look at some of the photos I made during my recent trip to
London in
http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=237310
and tell me what you think.