Subject: Re: [Leica] new(ish) group member - hello.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:44:03 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> >I've got a website which has some photos and notes on it.
> >http://feral.i8.com  (there's advertising 'cause it's a free ISP. Sorry).
>
> Yes, all that advertising and all those pop-ups are  really disturbing.
> And one of the advertisers wanted to sell me a program that
> eliminates advertising and popups.
> In the end I did not look at your site. Unfortunately because it seem
> it contained a few interesting items.
>
> chris
> --
> Christer Almqvist

A pop up which fools the viewer (fooled me) into thinking it's his
computer browser software talking to him telling him his software can be
updated to eliminate pop ups is the ultimate irony and pain in the but.
Kind of like when the phone company barrages you with telemarketing and
then offers you a deal on call blocking for ten bucks a month.
I was intrigued thought by how you let us into the inner workings of the
history of the development of your site and how you Photoshoped that
shot looking up into the sky taking a crane out and changing it to black
and white.

But i had music playing and a barrage of the most obnoxious windows then
I've seen in months.
I'd cough up whatever bucks it takes and own your own website. Who needs
food? Who needs film? We need webspace!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com