Subject: Re: [Leica] photos for your critique
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:21:26 -0400

Bear in mind that the depth of field extends farther into the background
than in the foreground (the scale marks on the lens barrel will make
this cleared than my explanation). The out of focus foreground elements
are more distracting than those in the background, so stop down, and
pick a focus point in the foreground. I know this is tough with limited
light available.

Gilbert