Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to Japan
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:35:35 +1000

>M3 in hand, I am off to Osaka towards the end of the month and
>will be in Osaka-Kyoto-Kobe throughout October.
>
>I would appreciate any advice and recommendations from people
>who have been there recently, or live there. (e.g. places you
>liked, areas to avoid, special events and festivals during
>Oct. etc).
>
>I would also be delighted to meet other LUGgers in this area.
>If anyone would be interested, please contact me.
>
>Finally, suggestions for good camera shops and labs (E6/C41)in
>Osaka are welcome.
>
>cheers - Nikolas

Oh where do I start, and how I envy you :-). Before you go, get a
rail pass. You cannot buy them there, and it will allow you to travel
all over Japan. We even did a day trip to Tokyo from Kyoto just
because the weather was bad ;-)

Kyoto will delight you, especially photographically. Autumn colour
will however be fading by then. I don't know much about Kobe except
for the beef, but the areas along the coast south of there are easily
accessible and a sheer delight.

If you can find people/ locals to help you, your experience will be
all the richer.

Good luck and have fun

Cheers: I will try to post some images from Japan again and think of
some names etc for you

- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com