Subject: Re: [Leica] Alfie
From: "Jeffery L.Smith" <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:30:34 -0500

In several of the coffee shops and pasta restaurants in New Orleans, there
are framed B&W prints on the wall with price tags on them, and some of them
sell. Many of them are sort of "street photography" images, and most of
them are absolutely terrible. But customers look at them and say "Oh, I
love B&W photography. Aren't these fabulous!" while looking at a picture of
a trash can or fire hydrant.

Photographers may be hypercritical of other folks photographs. Customers
may not be critical enough. But what defines "good" street photography anyway?

Jeffery