Subject: RE: [Leica] FS: Photo books and prints by Albert Wang, first three copies for free.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:49:26 -0400

I'll address the issue, Mark.

When Alfie was posting his photos for comment on the LUG, many people tried
to offer constructive criticism. Some of the criticism was tough, but it was
constructive. And Alfie utterly ignored it. As was his right.

But now he has come to the LUG and said, here is my work - please purchase
it for up to $600.

So now Alfie is a salesman attempting to get us to buy a product. And I feel
we have every right to public ally respond to his offer by telling him
honestly how we feel about it:

In my case that means saying that if I had a student who produced work of
this quality I would not hesitate to give him or her an F. As I said
earlier, I consider Alfie's posing as a photographer - for that is truly
what he is doing - an real insult to every photographer on this list.

I personally think it would be sad to see someone leave the LUG because they
feel it is inappropriate to speak truthfully. But if that's what you want to
do, so be it.

B. D.