Subject: RE: [Leica] Carrying a tripod
From: "Hugh Thompson" <hthompson@ourglobalevent.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:49:38 -0500

> Henry Ting wrote:
> >
> > What's everybody's favorite way to carry a tripod for
> > a) Backpack multi-day trips.
> > b) Day-trip with shoulder bag.
> >
> > Do you guys use either the carrying strap, tripod bag,
> > or just the tying cords on the backpack.
> >
> > Thanks

I use a dog leash and collar.  Thread the leash through the hand loop and
over the head of the tripod.  Then take the other end of the leash with the
collar and fasten the collar around the legs.

Preferably use a thick leash for comfort, about 4 feet in length and made
for a large dog - works very well.

Woof - Hugh Thompson

Replies: Reply from alex olstein <alexolstein@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Carrying a tripod)
Reply from Shortymx <shortymx@prodigy.net.mx> (Re: [Leica] Carrying a tripod)