Subject: [Leica] Pultz's PAW - responses
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 23:07:27 -0400

All,

( http://home.earthlink.net/~cpultz/PAW/PAW12.htm )

Bloody sunflowers. I feared people would go for those. Nobody liked my
beautiful Quonset hut. Hrrrumpf!

Actually, I'm grateful a few folks liked the flowers. My girlfriend's mom
did, too, and that's *really* nice. I got up early to catch the field as
the sun was rising. Sol was right in back of me and it was hard to find
angles that didn't have my shadow falling across the picture. Someone said
it looked like two aliens looking at us, and that's what I thought too.
Kinda spooky.

In a print, the two flowers are very sharp and the rest is OOF, but the jpg
is soft enough to dilute that effect. sRGB isn't kind to it, either. The
sun wasn't brilliant, but a bit hazy, so the sun-lit effect is quite
subtle; again better for high res than the web.

Thanks for looking. I run them up the flag pole. See if anybody salutes.

Next week - Old Glory.

Yours,

Carl