Subject: Re: [Leica] I think God and I are getting on OK this week.
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 21:21:22 -0500

On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 08:40  PM, Felix Erazo wrote:

> Rob, Thanks for your comments, I used to own a complete Nikon system
> with a slew of lenses, I got rid of them because instead of the Nikon
> being a superfast auto focus system, I was missing a lot of shots. One
> being that the auto focus would focus on something else instead of the
> intended subject

i *never* had this problem with my EOS.  i always used either the center
focusing spot or the far right or far left, then recomposed after
locking the focus.  personally, i'd rather have autofocus than
autoexposure.

one of the reasons i got an M was that i was shooting a 50mm in manual
spot mode on the EOS all the time, though still using autofocus.  i
figured if i were going to use a camera pretty much all manually, i
might as well get the best optics, so i switched to leica, which also
has the advantage of being quiet and small.  plus, the EOS didn't lend
itself to low-light shooting, as the AF wouldn't work and there was no
way in hell to find focus manually on that thing i low light.  i like
the leica much better, and wouldn't go back unless i were doing really
hardcore photojournalism.  still, i wouldn't mind AF sometimes.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"There's no way drugs can affect music in a negative way."
	--Brian Wilson

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg