Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - on seeing
From: brad daly <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:22:06 -0500

On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 07:51  PM, Oliver Bryk wrote:

> I recently reread Marcel Proust's "Remembrance of Things Past". This
> sentence could have been written with photography in mind: "The real
> voyage
> of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new
> eyes."

what a coincidence.  i just bought the first volume of RTP about an hour
ago at borders.  it's something i've had the ambition to read for
years--after reading _gravity's rainbow_, which, after RTP, is #2 on the
list of books you should get a pension for having read.  i'm hoping to
double up as soon as someone in washington decides to do the right
thing.  i was wondering what effect, if any, it'll have on my
photography or understanding thereof.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/paw.html

"There's no way drugs can affect music in a negative way."
	--Brian Wilson

"I pledge allegiance to Queen Frag and her mighty state of hysteria."
	--Calvin and Hobbes

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg