Subject: Re: [Leica] Carrying a tripod
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:11:25 +0200

> > What's everybody's favorite way to carry a tripod for
> > a) Backpack multi-day trips.
> > b) Day-trip with shoulder bag.
> >
> > Do you guys use either the carrying strap, tripod bag,
> > or just the tying cords on the backpack.

I have a Benbo Trekker with ball head; I am usually attaching
it to the side of backpack with strong and fairly thick (5mm)
rope. Why thick? Read on:
I was going from friend on my bike and didn't want to put a tripod
in my backpack again, as it scratched badly my helmet :)
I had a 2mm kevlar string, so I attached tripod with it to
bike frame at one side. But so thin string unties itself soon,
especially on a two-cylinder, 'thumper' bike, so every
50 kilometers I had to stop to tie tripod again. And, because
the string was both thin and strong, I lost my skin
to the red meat in some parts of hand! Ouch!  ;)
- --
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, BadMC)
                   http://www.familyofman2.com