Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica info/discussion reources?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:33:07 +0200

Craig,

All you have to do is ask. While it is true that this list has a fair
amount of off-topic threads and some people who attack others for no
apparent reason, it is even more true that there are incredibly helpful
people who will cheerfully answer your questions and help you in other
ways.

You can also look at some of the Leica resources on the web, here is a
small sample:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html
This is Erwin Puts' site, full of detailed information, mainly about the
new Leica lenses.

http://mejac.palo-alto.ca.us/leica-users/
The archives of this mailing list, searchable by topic, author, key words
etc.

http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica/
Many articles, FAQ, links to other resources.

http://www.cameraquest.com/mlenses.htm
Stephen Gandy's site. He has strong opinions, some of which are
controversial, but his site is good and he covers lots of topics.

You may also consider buying a book like Jonathan Eastland's Leica M
Compendium or Erwin Puts' Leica Lens Compendium (just look at Amazon).
Eastland's book is an easier read, Puts' book is more complete and dense.

Kind regards,
Nathan

P.S. And oh, watch your bank account. Leica M is an expensive addiction...