Subject: Re: [Leica] Actually vaguely on topic...
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 20:25:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/02 8:07:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, icommag@toad.net
writes:

> Market Place' right on the water in Annapolis. For about 400 years the
>  slavers brought in their ships

Hello Steve; please, I don't mean to be a wise guy and please, no one start a
war, or a flame, or even a new thread; but I'm a history person, for want of
a better term and I gotta get picky-picky. Please forgive.

After 1861 with Federal ships blockading Confederate ports, ships weren't
entering Chespeake Bay with slaves; any ships running the blockade were
carrying war supplies, armaments, munitions and carrying out cotton, tobacco
and any other products with which the Confederacy paid for its imports. And
they were tending to go into Charleston SC or further south. Those 400 years
would take it back to what,
1461? a bit before Cristoforo Colombo hit the western hemisphere.

Pu-lease, no one beat up on me for this and let's drop it here. Unless I've
made an historical mistake. Which could be.

With deep apologies in advance,

Seth             LaK 9