Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Expertise Requested
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 16:24:41 -0700 (PDT)

Only that I really disagree.  If I only had one lens
it would be the tri-elmar.  Being "Leica like" is not
a factor if you are not already accustomed to using a
Leica. I'm not sure what you mean by an "array" of
finders. It simply acts like three different lenses
instead of a zoom so you see the 28mm lines, 35mm
lines and 50mm finder lines...I don't think of this as
being different finders, it just works like having
three lenses without the hassell of extra weight, or
of having to change from one to the other.

Where I would add a word of caution is lens speed.
Having an f4 for me was not a problem.  I usually only
shoot in daylight and was used to f4 as a pretty
"normal" speed from using medium format. If you shoot
in low light, or if you need a fast lens a tri-elmar
won't work well.