Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Expertise Requested
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:44:24 -0700 (PDT)

Craig, I sort of went through this about 3 years ago
after not having any 35mm equipment for decades. I was
dedicated to Hasselblads, and my idea of a point and
shoot was a Superwide C. As far as small format, if it
wasn't built like a tank with no auto anything it
couldn't be any good.

For a variety of reasons, I decided it was time to try
35mm again. My only priorities were small (otherwise
I'd take the Hasselblads) and sharp (otherwise I'd
take the Hasselblads).

I started with an new M (was a M6ttl then, but today
would be an M7), and a 35mm f1.4 and 90mm f2.  I
ultimately added a lot of other lenses, bodies, etc. I
probably should have gone with one body with a
tri-elmar and a 90mm.  Then I could cover 90% of what
I shoot and it would be light and portable.