Subject: [Leica] Leica Expertise Requested
From: Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:24:37 -0500

I'm a recent lurker.... I own a rather complete 35 SLR system that I
know and trust, along with a very complete MF SLR system and some Fuji
MF RF's.  My only Leica is a P&S, which I am quite pleased with.  Over
the last couple of years, it's dawned on me that half of my picture
taking has been with a Hexar Silver and half of the rest is with the
Fuji's.  The SLR's, both formats, are hardly ever out of the cases.

Maybe it's time to simplify my life and gear up a simple 35 RF system
and peddle some of the paper weights around here (the quantity is almost
embarrassing).  If I were to take the plunge (I'll admit to be
considering the Konica offerings and feel that I understand the back
focus issues/misconceptions---Herb Keppler, aside)  a kit would likely
serve me well with 28 or 35 and a 75 or 90 and I would lean toward an M7
unless given compelling reasons for earlier bodies.  Which of the
current, new production offerings in this kit I've described would be
the most capable image makers?  I'm a darkroom rat and expect the Leica
would be used mostly for B&W and slides and I'd likely use other things
for color negative uses, but am not absolute on that.  Also, I usually
rely upon hand held meters.  My eyes glaze over as I attempt to learn
the nuances of the sumiteyltelmar world.  Thanks in advance and hope
this isn't stirring up old threads that you dread!

- --

Craig Schroeder

craig@craigschroeder.com
http://craigschroeder.com