Subject: RE: OT Topics - Re: [Leica] Canadians, slavery and the health care system
From: "Thomas Mitchell" <thomasmitchell1@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:10:47 -0700

Ted,

Sorry, but you both miss and belabor my point.  According to your threefold
logic, the only people entitled to discuss or criticise the Canadian
healthcare system are Canadians.  Why would/should that be limited to
Canada?  Only Canadians can discuss Canadian problems but anyone can discuss
Zimbabwe's?  Further, the same logic could be extended to any other issue -
politics, religious repression, whatever.  It strikes me that you are
providing a reductio argument against your own statement.

Obviously I know all the other stuff you wrote which is why I said your
statement was shortsighted in the first place.  In our rapidly shrinking
planet, it is only prudent for people to examine and be critical of
situations outside their own country such that they can endeavor to prevent
similar circumstances arising where they live or maybe even help the other
country in some cases.

Regards,

Thomas